If you’re having trouble signing in to your Square account or resetting your password, the following tips can help you get back to taking payments.
Reset Your Password Online
- Visit squareup.com/password.
- Enter the email address associated with your Square account > click Send Instructions.
- Check your email to find your Verification Code – you’ll have a message in your inbox with the subject “Password Reset Request.” If you can’t find the email, check your spam folder.
- Enter your verification code from your email and click Verify.
- Create a new password.
Reset Your Password in the App
To reset your password from the Square app or the Square Dashboard app:
- Tap Forgot Password? from the Sign In screen.
- Enter the email address associated with your Square account > tap Send.
We’ll automatically send you instructions via email to help you reset your password.
Password Reset Email Issues
If you’re having trouble with the password reset email, try these tips to help you complete the process:
- Check your spam folder, because Square’s emails are occasionally sorted out by spam filters.
- Double-check that the email address you entered into the password reset field is the same email used to access your Square account.
- If you see the message “This token has been used”, visit square.com/uk/dashboard from your browser to confirm you are signed out of the dashboard. Reset your password again.