Learn how to create, edit and manage items from the online Square Dashboard. You can also use Square to track your inventory.
Create Items Online
Visit Items from your online Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
Note: All item creation and editing will display in a fullscreen window. To return to your Items, please select the X in the top left-hand corner.
- Fill in the item information. Note: Item descriptions have a 4000 character limit.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
Next, click Add Variations. Fill in the variation information. If your item has a bar code, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
You can add additional variations by clicking Create and Add Another.
Note on employee permissions: Employees are only able to edit variation prices at the locations where they have access. If the employee does not have access to a specific location, they are unable to update variation prices at that location.
- Once you complete editing properties for the item, click Save.
Note: If you are creating multiple items, you are able to upload your items in bulk using Square’s Import Tool.
Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to delete.
- Click Delete > Delete Item to confirm the change.