Send Digital Receipts
With every successful payment, you can provide a digital receipt – text message or email – or a printed receipt for your customers. Get started by customizing your receipts, and if you’re a business, review the tax ID disclosure requirements for digital receipts.
Each receipt will reflect an itemised breakdown of whole number and decimal quantities, discounts and applicable taxes.
Send Digital Receipts
- Authorize the payment by swiping your customer’s card or recording another form of tender on the payment screen.
- Enter your customer’s phone number or email address on the receipt screen.
- Tap Send.
If a customer doesn’t receive a text message receipt, one or more of the following may have occurred:
- The customer doesn’t have a valid text messaging plan.
- The customer’s phone network provider has blocked the text.
- The customer has a restricted phone number.
In these cases, you can always resend the receipt to a valid email address.
Resend Digital Receipts
You can resend a receipt to a different email address or phone number at any time from your online Square Dashboard or from the Square Point of Sale App.
From the Square App
- Tap the following icon in the navigation bar: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Transactions.
- Locate and tap on the payment > Issue Receipt.
From Your Online Square Dashboard
- Visit Transactions.
- Use the date-selector tool to locate a specific payment.
- Click on the payment > Actions > Send Receipt.
Set Receipts Language
You can set receipts language from your online Square Dashboard. To do so:
- Go to Account & Settings.
- From the Business section, click Locations.
- Select a location.
- Scroll down to Preferred Language options for receipts.
- Set preferred language > click Save.
Receipt Best Practices
- Make sure not to send your customers’ receipts to yourself. You’ll receive a payment confirmation after every successful transaction, and you can view payment details from your online Square Dashboard.
- Your logo will appear on printed receipts and auth slips. Learn about other customization options for printed receipts.
- To edit a receipt destination at the time of sale, have your customer tap the phone number or email address on the receipt screen and input their new destination.