When you sign up for Square and your account is activated, we’ll ship you a Square magstripe reader for free.
Reader Shipping Time
You should receive the reader within 10 days. Readers are first sent out by DHL, which delivers them to Canada Post for local delivery. You’ll get a confirmation email when your reader is shipped. You can also track your orders from your online Square Dashboard.
If it’s been 10 days since you placed an order and received your order confirmation email, review these troubleshooting steps.
Order an Additional Reader
- Sign in to your online Square Dashboard and click “Order a Reader“ in the lower-left corner.
- Add your shipping address and click “Send me a free reader.”
Order from the App
- From an iPhone or Android device, tap Help. On the iPad, tap Help > Support.
- Tap Reorder Reader.
- Confirm or edit your shipping address > tap “Send me a free reader.”
Order Multiple Readers
If you need more than one additional reader, contact us.
When you add employees, they can request a reader during signup, so there’s no need to request extras on their behalf.
You can order Square stickers and a table tent from your online Square Dashboard.
Buy a Reader from a Retail Store
Magstripe readers are available at participating retail locations. When you purchase a reader, keep the following in mind:
- They cost $10 up front, but come with a $10 redemption code. Once you enter the code we’ll send $10 to your linked bank account.
- One redemption code can be claimed per Square account. If you purchase more than one reader, contact us with the redemption codes and we’ll review your case.
- If an employee has purchased a reader from a retail location, the reader credit is sent to the bank account linked to the primary Square account holder. Contact the primary account holder for reimbursement.
- If you weren’t approved to accept credit cards, you’re still able to link your bank account and redeem the credit.