Once you are ready to start using Open Tickets, check out these helpful tips to keep your business running smoothly.
- If a payment card was used to create a ticket, customers can use a different payment card to pay their tab when they’re ready to close their open ticket.
Editing Tickets and Payment
- If there are changes to your customer’s order, you can modify an open ticket before the sale is completed. Once you’ve processed your customer’s payment, the ticket is closed and can no longer be edited.
- Item quantities can’t be adjusted from an open ticket.
- Open tickets don’t expire and will remain open until you’ve deleted or completed the sale.
- If you’re using Square’s Employee Management features, employees with the permission Manage All Open Tickets can merge and view any open tickets at the location they are signed in to. Employees without this permission are only able to view and merge tickets they’ve created.
- When an open ticket is closed, only one employee will receive credit for a sale. While it’s not currently possible to give sale credit to multiple employees at this time, your employees can transfer tickets between themselves.