Where: The Rose St. Market at 60 Rose Street, Fitzroy
When: Saturday 26 November - Sunday 27 November, 10:00AM - 5:00PM
On the 26th and 27th of November, The Rose St. Market in Fitzroy will host over 70 of Melbourne’s leading makers, crafters, artists and market vendors who, for the very first time in Australia, will go cashless for The Cashless Market.
With Australian ranked one of the world’s top 10 cashless economies, it’s critical that businesses are equipped with tools—like our new contactless and chip reader—to accept card payments. The innovative team of entrepreneurs at The Rose St. Market recognise this trend, and they’ve partnered with Square so that every one of their traders can accept tap-and-go payments with our new tap-and-go card reader.
To celebrate The Cashless Market, we’re running some very exciting promotions and competitions to get everyone out and shopping in time for Christmas.
- Pay with your credit card, or use Apple Pay or Android Pay, at The Cashless Market and you’ll be entered into the draw to win a $2,000 shopping spree at The Rose St. Market. Every time you make a payment with your credit card or mobile wallet at any participating trader at The Rose St. Market, you’ll receive another automatic entry.
- The first 30 customers lined up for the 10:00AM opening of The Cashless Market each morning will receive a $30 prepaid credit card to kickstart their day of shopping.
- Spend over $100 at any trader participating in The Cashless Market and you will receive an exclusive gift, courtesy of our friends at The Rose St Market.
Is there an entry fee?
Entry to The Cashless Market is free, but get in early. The first 50 customers lined up for the 10:00AM opening of The Cashless Market each morning will receive a $30 prepaid credit card to kickstart their day of shopping.
Where is The Cashless Market being held?
The Cashless Market will run from 10:00AM - 5:00PM daily at The Rose St. Market in Fitzroy, Victoria. You can take the Number 96 tram from Bourke Street or the Number 11 tram from Collins Street, both heading north, then head down to 60 Rose Street in Fitzroy..
Can I still pay with cash at The Cashless Market?
Of course! But you won’t be entered into the draw to win the $2,000 shopping spree at The Rose St. Market.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Every customer who pays with their Visa, MasterCard or American Express debit or credit card, or using Apple Pay or Android Pay, at The Cashless Market on the 26 and 27 November 2016, between 10:00AM and 5:00PM AEST, will be entered into the draw to win a $2,000 shopping spree at The Rose St. Market. Transactions must be processed at participating traders on site at The Cashless Market during the competition period, with payments made via a Square Reader.
- Additional entries will be granted automatically every time a customer makes an eligible payment at any participating trader during the competition period. You must request an email or SMS receipt to be issued at the completion of your transaction to be included in the prize draw. Your details will only be used by Square as verification of your entry, and to enable Square to notify the winner.
- The competition winner will be drawn at random and notified via phone or email on or before 5:00PM, Wednesday 30 November 2016, by Square. If the winner is unable to be contacted by 10:00AM, Monday 19 December 2016 AEST, the prize will be forfeit and another winner drawn at random.
- The prize consists of a $2,000 prepaid Australian Credit Card. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.