2020 continues to be a challenging year for many businesses, with COVID Safe measures varying from state to state. Square is continuing to do as much as we can to help businesses during this time.
Over the past couple of months we have launched some great new features. To make sure you’re getting the most out of Square, here’s a round up of some features we’ve released recently.
The latest software features, with Square:
- Build an Instagram mini-site - Did you know you can now build your online store with Instagram, using Square Online? You can take posts from your Insta feed and turn them into a shoppable website in just 3 simple steps:
- Connect your Instagram account to Square
- Tag items in your posts you want to sell
- Click ‘Publish’ to launch your own shoppable page
For more info, visit our Square Online web page.
- Share your business’ stories with new blog features on your online store. - You can now add Story pages to your online store to share blog content such as product updates, announcements, content marketing and thought leadership. The Stories blogging feature is available to all Square Online and Weebly store users.
Square for Restaurants:
- Test our new Square KDS Beta for Square for Restaurants. The KDS (Kitchen Display System) launched to Public Beta in August, and we’re giving you the opportunity to try it, with Square for Restaurants Plus! For more information on trying the Square KDS Beta go here.
- Send customised, professional invoices by email with Square Invoices. Get your own look and get paid fast! It’s simple, just choose a colour and add your logo, send invoices free, and get funds from paid invoices in one to two business days. Send an Invoice now.
- Pay Invoices by Gift Card - You can now get paid via Square Invoices with Square gift cards (in addition to or instead of the regular credit or debit card option). You can customise your invoices with the options to get paid with one or the other, or both.
Square Team App for Team Members: Team members now have the ability to clock in/out, view their hours worked via timecards, and view their team profile - all from their own iPhones or Android devices, at no additional charge. Simply download the Square Team app, and follow the prompts to set up your app. Learn more about the Square Team App.
The latest exciting content from Square:
- Cashless Society Report: We recently released our Cashless Payments and the Pandemic in Australia report, which dives into the cashless payments trends we’ve seen across Australia since COVID-19.
- Square’s new podcast, Talking Squarely: We also released a brand new podcast, interviewing business owners about their experiences during COVID-19 and beyond. Available on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Podcasts, and more. Learn more about Talking Squarely.
- How to keep your retail and hospitality business COVID Safe: Check out our guide on the considerations to keep your business up to date with government guidelines during COVID-19.
Business support during COVID-19
If you’re a business owner looking for support during this difficult time, check out some of our resources, and how we are helping:
- Resource Hub: We have compiled a list of immediate support resources for businesses in Australia.
- Pause your Square subscriptions: If you’re temporarily scaling back your business operations during this time, you now have the ability to pause the billing for your Square software subscriptions for up to 3 months. When you pause, you will have access to all paid features in your subscription until the end of the relevant billing cycle. You can read how to enable this feature and further information on pausing and unpausing your account in our Pause Subscription FAQ page.
- Online Store delivery, pick-up and curbside options: The Square Online Store offers the ability to provide curbside pickup or local delivery. We are waiving delivery fees through 31 October 2020, and there is no subscription fee for curbside pickup. Learn more on our immediate support resources page.
- Free 3-month Skillshare subscription: We’ve partnered with Skillshare to offer a free 3-month Skillshare subscription to our Square sellers during this time. Skillshare is an online learning community that allows you to upskill and learn through educational videos. Claim your subscription today!
Don’t forget, if you have any other questions or need support during this time, visit our Support Centre, contact us through Facebook or Twitter, or call our Customer Support team on 1800 760 137.
Plus, check out our latest Square Seller spotlights…