It has been a busy few months for businesses as COVID-19 restrictions have started to ease for many states around Australia. As your needs change, we have also been adapting to support businesses during this time.
Over the past few months we have launched some exciting new features and products. To make sure you’re getting the most out of Square, here’s the lowdown:
The latest features and hardware, with Square
- Introducing the new Square Stand: Square Stand, our iPad POS System, is now compatible with latest iPad models, including iPad (2019). Easy to set up, and easy to use, you can set up the Square Stand in minutes. Learn more about Square Stand.
- Square Online Checkout: With Square Online Checkout, you can get paid without building a website. You can set up a pay link in just a few steps for the product or service you would like to sell, then share it instantly. Learn more about how to use Square Online Checkout.
- Promote Gift Cards on your Instagram account: Now you can feature gift cards in your Instagram profile, and promote them on Instagram Stories! For detailed instructions on how to do this, check out this Instagram post.
- Embed eGift Card in Square Online Store: Now, you can use Square Online Store to embed Square eGift Cards by simply adding a new page, which makes selling eGift Cards in Square Online Store even easier!
Support local businesses in times of crisis, with Give & Get Local
We set up our local business gift card directory, called Give & Get Local, in response to COVID-19 and the effect it’s had on businesses across Australia and around the world. The directory allows you to support your local businesses by buying a gift card, or get listed by setting up a free digital gift card ordering page for your business. Find out more about the Give & Get Local directory and how it works.
COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
If you’re a business owner looking for support during this difficult time, check out some of our resources, and how we are helping:
- Resource Hub: We have compiled a list of immediate support resources for businesses in Australia.
- Pause your Square subscriptions: If you’re temporarily scaling back your business operations during this time, you now have the ability to pause the billing for your Square software subscriptions for up to 3 months. When you pause, you will have access to all paid features in your subscription until the end of the relevant billing cycle. You can read how to enable this feature and further information on pausing and unpausing your account in our Pause Subscription FAQ page.
- Online Store delivery, pick-up and curbside options: The Square Online Store offers the ability to provide curbside pickup or local delivery. We are waiving delivery fees through 31 October 2020, and there is no subscription fee for curbside pickup. Learn more on our immediate support resources page.
- Free 3-month Skillshare subscription: We’ve partnered with Skillshare to offer a free 3-month Skillshare subscription to our Square sellers during this time. Skillshare is an online learning community that allows you to upskill and learn through educational videos. Claim your subscription today!
Don’t forget, if you have any other questions or need support during this time, visit our Support Centre, contact us through Facebook or Twitter, or call our Customer Support team on 1800 760 137.
Plus, check out our latest Square Seller spotlights…